Anaheim White House is a high-end, Italian steakhouse and seafood restaurant located in a historic old home, offering formal dining in a regal setting. We are seeking a Saucier to join our team!
Accurately and efficiently prepares sauces, stews, soups, gravies and hot appetizer items. Required to have a firm knowledge of ingredients, mixtures and recipes that can be recalled at any time. Before each shift, the saucier is responsible for preparing ingredients – such as peeling potatoes, chopping carrots and pre-measuring spice mixes. During staff shortages, sauciers fill in at other kitchen stations. At all times a saucier must follow food safety and sanitation protocols.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of sauces, stews, soups, gravies and hot appetizer and other food items on range, in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
A high school diploma is required to work as a saucier. Prefer candidates with formal education — such as an associate’s or bachelor’s from a culinary institution or trade school. a food handler’s permit from her local health department or a certification from the National Restaurant Association as proof the individual has taken the appropriate food safety and sanitation training.
A saucier chef with previous work experience is preferred. Previous experience working as a line cook or prep cook for a minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking. Or at least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.