Big Canyon Country Club is now accepting Applications for Cook (All Levels)
The Cook prepares high quality food products as assigned in accordance with health and sanitation practices for every plate prepared. Desired traits of the prospective employee are a willingness to learn, a great attitude, follows directions and the established daily guidelines of the department. We offer our Culinary Members a creative environment to work and learn new techniques, working with Chefs that are passionate about food and their profession
At Big Canyon Country Club, our Culinary Team is proud to work hard and prepare foods for our members and guests. It is important that we find the right Cooks that want to prepare great food, follow proper health and sanitation guidelines, learn new things, hone their skills to become a better professional every day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be self-motivated in making sure that all food products are fresh, and well-cooked as requested.
- Accepting the responsibility in making sure that the individual workstation is well equipped with the proper product to promote success every day.
- Establishing a positive line of communication between you and your immediate Supervisor, Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef and/or the Executive Chef regarding questions, product concerns or other situations you might have.
- Sets-up, maintains a clean and organized workstation and at the end of your shift leaving the station clean and organized. Provide proper label and dating of products when stored.
- Maintains safety and security in the work area
- Always adheres to local and state health and safety standards
- Follow proper payroll and uniform requirements daily.
- Report and issues of faulty equipment or accidents to a supervisor immediately
- Always conduct oneself in a professional manner to reflect the high standards of the Big Canyon Country Club
- Follow guidelines for timely food preparation and service to our members and guests
- Maintain proper food service sanitation using all leaned standards in the kitchen through the California Food Handler Certification and providing said California Food Handler Card on the first day of employment.
- Respond and provide aid if you are properly trained in medical or other emergencies
- Must be familiar with meats, vegetables, produce, kitchen equipment, cleaning supplies and chemicals
- Have good or very good knife skills and techniques.
- Ability to multi-task in a faced paced, high pressure environment
- Able to work non-traditional work shifts (hours), weekends and holidays
- Be able to read and communicate in English and it is a plus if you can communicate in Spanish
- Will be expected to perform other tasks or projects as assigned or requested by the Supervisor.
- High School, Culinary School or Apprentice Program Graduate
- Prior experience in a Private Club, Hotel, Resort or Restaurant working different stations
- Ability to be on one’s feet for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop when necessary
- Ability to lift but not exceed 40lbs
Starting pay for this position is $15-$18 per hour. May vary depending on experience.
- Full Time employees are eligible for Health benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, Dependent Care and Life Insurance
- Vacation and sick pay eligibility
- 6 paid holidays per year
- 401K retirement plan
- Meals provided for Culinary employees
- Golf Privileges
All applicants are required to submit an online application through our club website (bigcanyoncc.org).
Human Resources will review applications to identify candidates who meet the minimum qualifications; therefore, it is to your benefit to include all current and previous related work experience.
- Step 1: Applications will be reviewed to identify candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and/or desirables; those candidates will be referred to step 2 in the selection process.
- Step 2: Hiring managers will contact candidate to schedule interview.
- Step 3: Those candidates who are selected to continue from the interview process will be sent for background check.
- Step 4: Upon successful completion of background check, candidates will be notified and begin onboarding process
You will be notified by email during the process of this recruitment through Paycom. Please check your email spam/junk folders and accept emails ending with Paycom.com and bigcanyoncc.org.
***Please note that this recruitment will remain open until the Cook positions are filled***
**Big Canyon Country Club is an equal employment opportunity employer. We require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen for all candidates. We E-verify all new hires for employment eligibility. We are an at-will employer.