Purpose of position:
Prepare and execute recipes for station. Organize and keep kitchen clean. Maintain and rotate food preparation to high quality and health standards. Assist with training of less experienced members of team.
Strong cook in the kitchen. Setting example to assure high quality. Good food knowledge with some restaurant experience.
Regular attendance is to be maintained to ensure all job functions are satisfied and essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the nature of the restaurant industry, Associates may be required to work a variety of schedules depending on the business needs. All attendance of scheduled training and meetings will be required.
Associates who violate the rules and regulations of the restaurant will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination. Unless informed otherwise, your shift will begin at scheduled time. Everyone is expected to be prompt.
Schedules will be made by the manager and special request for time off will be considered case by case and are requests not guarantees. Any alterations to schedules must be approved by manager.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must have good knowledge of food products, recipes, and preparation.
- Kitchen environment can change from working in heated areas (+110⁰F) or in freezers(-10⁰F) for possibly one hour or more.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours daily.
- Must be able to walk and stand for several hours with sometimes continuous movement.
- Must be able to physically handle kitchen equipment, knives, pots, pans, grasp items, lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use equipment and machinery such as slicer, blender, hand blenders, pasta machines and other kitchen machines.
- The kitchen can be subject to loud noises and worker must be able to work in environment which has elevated volume.
- Must be able to work in a fast-passed environment
- Must be able to push carts with 250 pounds on occasion
- Must be able to bend, reach, stretch during activities such as cleaning
- Requirements are ability to write, grasp, stand, sit, walk, repetitive motion, bending, climbing, listening, and ability of hearing, speaking, and visual acuity.
- Must have manual dexterity and able to operate all necessary equipment of kitchen including office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones, photocopiers and other office equipment.
Culinary School education preferred.
Must maintain government licenses, certificates
2-year experience as Certified cook
Employment with Ocean at Main Restaurant will be “at will”. This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the Manager to assign, direct and control the work of Associates under his/her/ supervision.