From the owners who brought you “Dublin 4 Gastropub” and “Wineworks 4 Everyone”, comes a new restaurant in Newport Beach (Lido Island) called “Fable & Spirit”.
The Sous Chef will execute and maintain the menu vision set forth by the Executive Chef and Company through culinary executions, setting professional standards, purchasing, training and supervision. Oversee the performance of the entire culinary team and manage systems in order to achieve all goals in food quality, guest expectations, budgets and company standards and expectations.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Always act in a professional manner that represents the restaurant.
- Demonstrate teamwork in all areas of the restaurant.
- Work with a positive attitude in all types of situations.
- Strong, positive and respectful communication skills.
- Follow safety and sanitation rules and laws at all times.
- Always act in the best interest of the restaurant, fellow employees and guests.
- Create, maintain a positive, safe and productive working environment.
- Coaching and mentoring staff to develop a team and encourage promoting within.
- Maintain company expectations of food and service through the supervision of the entire kitchen team.
- Achieve company budget objectives in sales, labor, costs and profit.
- Achieve company goals in service, food quality, facility maintenance, sanitation and cleanliness through coaching of employees.
- Fill in where needed to ensure that the guest experience is never compromised and their expectation of food and service are met and/or exceeded.
- Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards of the company.
- Assist in developing and implementing the menus.
- Supervise and train staff on recipes and methods of cooking.
- Expedite service efficiently and effectively, maintaining the proper pace and food quality.
- Understand and maintain all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Follow through with training and coaching to ensure that all policies and laws are followed.
- Participate in all scheduled FOH Preshift meetings in order to represent the kitchen, as well as to give feedback and suggestions.
- Participate in all management meetings in order to represent the kitchen, as well as to give and receive feedback and suggestions.
- Upkeep of all kitchen equipment and facilities so that health and safety standards are met. Achieve this through maintenance programs and inspections.
- Follow scheduling and adjust as necessary to achieve Labor Cost goals.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team. This is a salaried position. Please submit resume for immediate consideration.