The Peninsula Kitchen & Bar is a new waterfront restaurant located on the peninsula in Newport Beach. Our concept is designed to connect the neighborhood to a dining experience in the same way ingredients are connected to food. We offer quality craft cocktails, nightly events and brunch & bottomless mimosas on the weekends. We are seeking a full-time Kitchen Manager to join our incredible team!
Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control, and sanitation and cleanliness.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
- Must be experienced, efficient, and budget conscious with regards to food cost, food ordering and food purchasing.
- Must have experience in managing a kitchen and kitchen staff in a fast paced environment.
- Must have unexpired Manager Certification.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations. o Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Instruct cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged in food preparation.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Schedule personnel as required for anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
Full-time: Pay negotiable but range starting at $18 hr.